Pavilion K draws praise from visiting dignitaries
In the weeks since the new critical-care facilities, operating rooms, Family Birthing Centre and patients’ rooms swung into use in Pavilion K, the ultra-modern wing has been drawing praise from a broad range of patients and visitors, including some special guests who came by for a recent tour.
On February 18, dignitaries in the VIP group were thanked for their many years of support and guidance to the JGH, before being shown through Pavilion K. They were greeted by Dr. Lawrence Rosenberg, President and CEO of West-Central Montreal Health; Alan Maislin, Chair of the Board of West-Central Montreal Health; and Allen Rubin, President of the JGH Board of Governors.
Participating in the tour were:
- Lionel Perez, City Councillor, borough of Côte-des-Neiges/NDG
- William Steinberg, Mayor of the Town of Hampstead
- David Eidelman, Dean of Medicine at McGill University and member of the Board of Directors of West-Central Montreal Health
- Sonny Moroz, personal assistant to Anthony Housefather, Member of Parliament for Mount Royal
- Jonathan Wener and Rick Dubrovsky, Past Presidents of the JGH Board of Directors
- members of the JGH President’s Advisory Committee, including Howard Dermer (Chair of the JGH Foundation), Gary Wechsler (Past Chair of the JGH Foundation), Alan Marcovitz and Ronny Steinberg
- Henri Elbaz, former JGH Executive Director
- Montreal lawyer Geoffrey Gelber